Sunday, May 3, 2009

A Suggestion To Consider

Last week during the New Beginnings assessment I had an opportunity to briefly visit with our Regional Minister, Rev. Lari Grubbs. He was interested in the information about this Bible study that was posted in the hall and wanted to know what we were doing. I gave him a copy of the handouts (the first post on this blog + the worksheet) and after reading them he had some good suggestions that I am passing on here.

The first was that in a group that was not already use to working online we probably needed to start with some face-to-face meetings that could be augmented with online participation. I think the slow start we have had (being generous here folks) shows the truth of this observation.

The second was to conisder structuring discussion not around books of the Bible but rather the issue we wished to consider in light of the Biblical message. We could use the same "other" resource, or just pick resources on a common topic and then what different insights different parts of the Bible provide as we consider how we are to respond. The more I think about this the better I like it. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment